NTAC’s 2022 Gala is the 15th annual salute to nonprofits and the neighborhoods they serve. And this year the celebration returns to the Brooklyn waterfront beneath the Williamsburg Bridge at the beautiful Giando on the Water at 400 Kent Ave.
As is tradition, NTAC’s 2022 Gala will present awards to non-profit icons and outstanding neighborhood activists This year there will be 11:
A Social Justice Award will be conferred upon Rev. Dr. Adolphus C. Lacey, PhD. a pastor-theologian-activist who serves as Senior Pastor at Bethany Baptist Church of Brooklyn and spiritual advisor to the NY Justice League.
The Brooklyn History Award will go to Dr. Jocelyn Rainey, EdD. who has most recently joined Brooklyn Community Foundation as President and CEO.
Faith Leader of the Year will be Rev. Dr. Demetrius Carolina Senior Pastor at First Central Baptist Church, Executive Director of The Central Family Life Center INC.
The Lifetime Achievement Award will honor Rev. Dr. Herbert Daughtry, Sr., currently National Presider Emeritus of the The House of the Lord Churches, he has previously served as Chairman of the National Black United Front, and Founder and President of the African People’s Christian Organization.
New Yorkers for New York :
- Philippa Lee Karteron – President &CEO, Galleria Noire, Community Strategist
- Yolanda Lawrence – President and Founder, Ladies at Lunch; Advocate for Domestic Violence and Gender-Based Violence
- Hilda Rogers – Lifetime Advocate and Member NAACP; Civil Rights Advocate & Community Builder
- Judge Robin K. Sheares – Attorney; Church Women United, Brooklyn, Legal Rights & Community Builder & Engager
- Hazel Worley – Retired, New York City Career Civil Servant, Executive Board, CWA Local 1180, Committee on Civil Rights & Equity and Community Service, Trustee, Berean Baptist Church
In a separate ceremony celebrating Caribbean Heritage Month, NTAC will honor Dr. Michael Flanigan, PhD who hails from Jamaica as Caribbean Man of the Year. Dr. Flanigan is Director of Development at Medgar Evers College. Ms. Sybil Chester, of Guyanian heritage as Caribbean Woman of the Year. Ms. Chester was Manager, Multi-Cultural Relations at Moet Hennessy USA (Retired). Both will be present at NTAC’s 2022 Gala on June 7th, as well.